To do the Shopify Product price bulk update, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Export Products to Excel:
Export all products into Excel file with with Bulk Import Export Update with Excel app, by marking to export Products and Variants.
Step 2 – Update new Product Prices in that Excel file:
Open this exported file for editing in Excel. You can remove all columns which you don’t want to update. The key is: to have product ID (or Handle), Variant SKU and Variant Price. This is necessary for the App to identify which price belongs to which Variant and Product.
You can use the formulas in the Variant Price column too.
Save your file!
Step 3 – Import Products Excel to Shopify:
Import that Excel file back to Shopify with the same app, and check new prices in Shopify Admin – those are now updated:
Useful to know about Shopify Product price bulk import:
- You don’t have to import all columns back – you can keep just those columns in the import Excel file, which you want to update. To update product price, you need to keep the following columns only: “Handle”, “Variant SKU”, “Variant Price”. Handle field will allow to identify the Product, but “Variant SKU” will allow to identify the Variant of the product.
- If you don’t have the Variant SKU, then you can use other fields to identify variant:
- Variant Barcode
- Option1 Value, Option2 Value, Option3 Value (basically, all Options values, then it will find variant by those options)
- Variant ID (you can get this by exporting Products with Variants)
- You can have other columns in that Excel file for your own need. If those are named in some other names, the Product bulk Update process will ignore them.
- Essentially, by the same principle you can update any other single field of your Products, Collections or Customers – by having this one column of data only.
Where to go from here?
- Install the “Bulk Import Export Update with Excel” app from AppStore and do your Shopify Product price update.
- Read the Field Descriptions about the Excel file columns that can be exported and imported to Shopify.
- Ask our Support to help you prepare the import file, report an issue or ask for a new feature you desperately need.