Shopify bulk delete is tricky. But there is a better way to bulk delete Products from Shopify Admin, especially in cases, when you need to delete several products on several pages by criteria which are not available in search.
Step 1: Export Products to Excel
Export all products into Excel file with with Bulk Import Export Update with Excel app.
Step 2: Add “delete” Tag For Products You Need To Delete
Note that you can use Excel “filter” functionality to find exactly the products, which you need to delete.
After you have marked the “delete” tags, filter those rows, which don’t contain “delete”, and delete those rows from Excel, so that you don’t import them back.
Save edited file.
Step 3: Import Updated Excel Back To Shopify
Step 4: Filter Products in Shopify Admin By “delete” Tag And Delete Them
Select all filtered items and do Bulk actions -> Delete selected products.
Useful To Know About Shopify Bulk Delete
- This method is very useful if you need to delete a lot of products that are located on the several sheets in Shopify product list. There is no need to browse from page to page.
- You can filter products in Excel spreadsheet by any parameter you need and set tag “delete”.
- You can use the same method to delete Collections or Customers in bulk too.
Where To Go From Here?
- Install the “Bulk Import Export Update with Excel” app from AppStore and do your Shopify Product price update.
- Read the Field Descriptions about the Excel file columns that can be exported and imported to Shopify.
- Ask our Support to help you prepare the import file, report an issue or ask for a new feature you desperately need.