You can schedule imports and updates to your Shopify store using Bulk Import Export Update app.
For the sake of example, in this tutorial, you will schedule Product price update twice per week – to have different prices during the weekend and working week. It will be done following these steps:
- Prepare import files.
- Schedule import with repeating.
1. Prepare import files
Export all products and variants (or, use filter and export only those that need to be updated regularly).
Then leave only the data that is relevant to the price update: ID, Handle, Variant ID and Variant Price.
2. Schedule import with repeating
Now go to the App and upload the first file with weekend prices. Click Options section. Every Friday morning I would like to set Weekend prices.
There is a checkbox “Schedule import at” – switch it on and set the first date and time when import should be processed.
Then mark the next checkbox “Repeat every” as well and set the period of how often this file should be imported. If it is needed once per week, then set every 1 weeks. Then choose how many times to run this import – I am choosing to run until canceled. The import will repeat at the same time every week.
When all options are set, press “Schedule” button.
Similarly, set the options for the second file – the working day prices. Set it to run every Monday morning at 1am:
Now Scheduled imports are visible in the History and Schedule section:
Good to know
- If there is a need to schedule import just once, use only Schedule import at section providing the date and time.
- There are many variations of how often import can be repeated, for example, every 2 days, every 3 months (quarterly), every 6 months (semi-annually) etc.
- Scheduled import can be repeated 2 – 99 times, or infinitely. It starts at 2 times because if you want it to repeat just one time then you don’t need to repeat it – you just schedule it to run once.
- You can schedule Import and Export of products, collections, customers, discounts, orders, and pages, and any combination of those.
- Scheduled imports and exports can be canceled in the “History & Schedule” page in case they are not needed anymore.