This video tutorial shows you step by step instructions how to migrate your Blog Posts (Articles) from WordPress to Shopify Blogs.
Steps to migrate articles from WordPress to Shopify:
- Go to your WordPress site, and install the Plugin: All Export.
- Export all your WordPress blog posts using “All Export” plugin to the CSV file.
- Open the CSV file, save it as Excel file.
- Rename the Excel file sheet (tab) to “Blog Posts” so that the Excelify app knows what’s inside that sheet.
- Set the column titles of the columns you want to import – copy column names from the Excelify template file.
- Import the new Excel file to Shopify using the Excelify app.
- Upload the image files to your Settings -> Files section in Admin.
- Change image URLs in your Body HTML to point to your uploaded images.
- If you need to convert your /wp-content/ image URLs to your Shopify image URLs, you can do it in two ways:
- In Excel: use Find-Replace with * to replace URLs with the variable path, and keep the image file names unchanged.
- In Google Sheets: use the =REGEXREPLACE function to change URLs.
- If you can’t change those URLs yourself, please, ask our Support, we will do that for you.