Here we will take a look at how to make scheduled exports to Google Sheets from Shopify. You can use this to have always the newest exported information for better and automated report constructing
Steps exporting to Google Sheets
1. Setup export.
In the Excelify app select checkboxes with information that you wish to export to Google Sheets. Here we will use product information, but you can also apply this tutorial for any other export combintion.
2. Configure scheduled export options.
Here we will need to do two things – configure our export to run on specific times and set the custom file name for the export. We will need this to ensure that our exported file link is always the same. To do this we click on ‘Options’.
- Select option Repeat every: 1 hour until cancelled. But you can choose any other time interval for your scheduled export.
- And we will set Custom File name to – ‘ExcelifyProductsExport’
- Unckeck – Zip CSV files.
- Chose an export format – ‘Excelify: CSV‘
- Press ‘Export’
3. Copy exported file link.
4. Create a new Google Sheets sheet.
Head over to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/ and select ‘Blank’ sheet
5. Use a formula to automatically get data from the exported file.
In cell A1 use following formula =IMPORTDATA(“”). In this formula, you need to paste the link you copied from ‘Download Export File’ button, so it looks something like this –
Now you have the newest data always at hand and always in the same place. It’s worth noting that Google Sheets will only automatically export IMPORTDATA function every hour so, there is no reason to set your scheduled exports too often.
Good to know!
- You can afterwards construct another sheet named ‘Products’ and reference information from this imported sheet to construct a file to import back into Excelify from Google Sheet. More info about how to import from Google Sheets – https://excelify.io/2018/04/22/schedule-import-to-shopify-from-google-sheets/
- You can check your scheduled export jobs when you click on ‘History & Schedule’ in Export window.
- Google Sheets will refresh =importdata function only every 1 hour. https://support.google.com/docs/answer/58515?hl=en
- If you run into any issues or have some questions feel free to contact us – https://excelify.io/contact-us/