With the Excelify you can import your Draft Orders to Shopify in bulk by following these simple steps.
- Export some existing Draft Order using Excelify to get a sample Draft Orders sheet to use as a template.
- Fill minimum necessary columns:
- Line: ….
- If you wish to also send an invoice for this Draft Order, then fill columns:
- Send Invoice: ….
- If you wish to also complete the Draft Order fill columns:
- Complete: Payment Pending
- Save the file and import via Excelify app.
- Enjoy your Draft Orders.
1. Export some existing Draft Order using Excelify to get a sample Draft Orders sheet to use as a template
This is an optional step. You can also create the file from scratch yourself by looking up all possible fields in our Draft Orders documentation or download our Demo Template file and use columns from this file.
2. Fill minimum necessary columns
Firstly you would need to fill mandatory fields for any draft order.
Shopify is always generating its own Draft Order name and doesn’t allow you to assign any specific custom Name to it.
Anyway, when you create new Draft Orders, you need to specify any unique Name for each Draft Order so that the app can distinguish which rows belong to which Draft Order.
Each Draft Order must have at least one Line Item. It is indicated by the column “Line: Type” with value “Line Item”.
To add multiple Line Items to the Draft Order, insert the same Name and Command in the next row of that same Order and fill Line: … columns. (See “DraftOrder1” has 2 lines in the screenshot below).
Now we need to fill this row with information about the product.
- If you wish to attach this Draft Order to an existing product then you must fill columns – Line: Product Handle, Line: Quantity (also Line: Variant Title or Line: SKU if the product has multiple Variants).
- If you wish to attach this Draft Order to a custom product that is not in your store then you must fill columns – Line: Title, Line: Quantity, Line: Price.
Most other columns are optional and can be filled upon creating a Draft Order. Check out our Draft Orders documentation for a detailed description of the column.
3. If you wish to also send an invoice for your Draft Orders
To send out invoices for your Draft Orders you must fill “Send Invoice” columns:
- Send Invoice – with value TRUE.
- Send Invoice: To – Email of the recipient. If you also have filled the “Customer: …” columns with an email then it may be left empty.
- Send Invoice: From – Sender e-mail address which will show for the customer who received the invoice.
- Send Invoice: Bcc – (Optional) Additional recipients of the invoice. Their e-mail addresses will not be visible by e-mail receivers.
- Send Invoice: Subject – (Optional) If left empty, the Shopify will put its own default e-mail subject.
- Send Invoice: Message – (Optional) If empty, then the default Shopify e-mail message will be used.
4. If you wish to complete some of your Draft Orders
You can instruct the Shopify to complete the Draft Order – thus making the real Order from the Draft Order.
For this you must fill columns:
- Complete – with value TRUE.
- Complete: Payment Pending – Is set to TRUE will mark generated real order as Payment Pending. If left empty or set FALSE will mark the order as Paid.
5. Save the file and import via Excelify
Now we can save the file. Go back to the Excelify app and import the file in the Import section. The app will analyze the file and count how many Draft Orders we are importing.
Press the Import button to start the import.
If you see any Failed items, then after the import has finished, you can download the Import Results file and look into the “Import Comment” column. It will tell why the particular Draft Order has failed. Then you can fix that issue and re-import just those failed and fixed rows again.
6. Enjoy your Draft Orders
What to do next?
- Install the Excelify App
- Check out our Draft Orders documentation.
- Check tutorial on how to send Invoice for existing Draft Orders.
- Check tutorial on how to complete existing Draft Orders.
- Contact Excelify support if you run into any issues or have additional questions.