To Cancel existing Shopify Orders, do the following steps:
Note that this will not replace the orders – this will truly update the existing ones.
- Export the Orders you want to cancel – don’t include any other detailed columns unless you absolutely need them, so you have nice one row per order in the export.
- Delete all the columns and rows, leave only the following columns in your Excel file:
- Cancelled At
- Cancel: Reason
- Cancel: Receipt
- Cancel: Refund
- Update the Excel file columns with data:
- Set the “Command” column values to “UPDATE“.
- Set the “Cancelled At” column values to whatever date (it doesn’t matter what date it is because orders will anyway get cancelled with today’s date).
- Set the “Cancel: Reason” column values to one of the following: customer, inventory, fraud, declined, other. You can leave this empty, then the app will assume other by default.
- Set the “Cancel: Receipt” column to TRUE if you want the customer to receive the e-mail notification about the Order cancelation.
- Set the “Cancel: Refund” column to TRUE if you want to refund the whole Order when cancelling. If you don’t set it to TRUE, then it will not get refunded automatically. To refund partially, you can set up the Refund columns and rows as explained in this tutorial.
- Import the file with the orders you want to cancel.
Good to know
- Your Excel sheet (tab) name must be “Orders” – for the app to know that you are importing Orders.
- In case you are importing from CSV file then your CSV file name must be “Orders.csv” – for the app to know that you are importing Orders.
- You cannot uncancel the cancelled Order.
- You cannot send another e-mail to already cancelled Order.
- You cannot cancel the Fulfilled Order.
- If you also need to Refund the specific payments for those Orders, you need to also import the Refund Lines, as demonstrated in this tutorial.
- If you need to delete the Shopify Orders, you can do it like explained in this tutorial.
- To archive or unarchive Orders, follow this tutorial: Archive and Unarchive Shopify Orders in Bulk.