Ability to export products from Shopify can be a crucial and key element to construct various synchronization feeds, reports, or simply to update your Shopify products. That is why it is important to have as much information as possible included in your exported inventory and product files.
Here we will take a look at a few options you have when exporting your products.
Export Products with Shopify
You can export Shopify Products with the Shopify native export option by going into the Shopify Admin -> Products.
Upon clicking the “Export” button a dialog box will open where you can select if various settings for the export.
If you are exporting one page (50 Products) or fewer items then the exported file will download in your browser. If you are exporting more items or “All Products” then the exported file will get emailed to you.
Once you have the file, you can open it and see all basic Product and Variant information.
Such as product Handle, Title, Description, Variant Options, Prices, and others.
Benefits of exporting Products with Excelify over Shopify
For some the Shopify exported Products file is all that is needed, and that is great, but there may be multiple reasons why Shopify Products export might not work for you.
That is where the Excelify app comes into the picture!
Internal Shopify IDs
A lot of times when working with the exported data, you may need to also see internal Shopify product IDs.
They might be used in your ERP system or elsewhere as it is not changing unique identifier for a product, that changes only if you replace or delete the Product.
Having the ability to export Product ID also enables you to update your product Handles in bulk.
Available Product ID columns in the Excelify are:
- Variant ID
- Variant Inventory ID
Multiple stores and apps work with Shopify Metafields, which are Custom fields for your Products.
Having them in the exported file is crucial if you wish to see or edit these custom fields in bulk.
Product level Metafields in the Excelify exported file will be in a column that starts with “Metafield: “.
Variant level Metafields will be in columns that start with – “Variant Metafield: ”
You can also import Metafields with the Excelify app to create and update Metafields in bulk.
Ability to export inventory for your products is important especially if your store is working with multiple locations and you have Product inventory stocked in different locations.
In the Excelify exported file you will have two columns for each Location in your store.
- Inventory Available: <location name>
- Inventory Available Adjust: <location name>
You can use these columns for your reports or to bulk update the multi-location inventory.
Other additional fields
Excelify also allows you to export all following fields that are not included in the Shopify export:
- Updated At
- Published At
- Published Scope
- Template Suffix
- Variant Position
- .. and others.
See the full list of Excelify exported Product fields in our “Products” sheet documentation.
Track export progress
It is important to see when a report will be finished and how many items are being exported in real-time.
Excelify offers to track this information while the job is running. At any time you can go and look at your current running jobs to see the progress of them and estimated finishing time.
See your past exports and download those files
You are also able to see all your past exports, with dates, counts, times and all other details you might wish to find about them.
Here you can also download these past files.
Scheduled and automatically repeated Product exports
In the Excelify you can schedule for export to run at specific date and time, and also make repeated exports.
This might be used to create your Shopify Products backups or daily reports.
Export Products directly to your FTP/SFTP servers
No need to manually download the files and upload. If you have your own servers for backups or reports, then with the Excelify app you can export your items directly to FTP/SFTP servers!
Export Products with Excelify
Exporting your Shopify products with the Excelify is simple and provides great customization of what data to export.
1. Creating new export
In the Excelify app Home screen, you can see the button “New Export“. Clicking this will open a page where you can set up your export.
2. Configure your export
A. Select Checkboxes
In the new export page, you can select checkboxes under “Products” for your exports to limit what data you wish to have exported:
- Basic Columns – basic Product information
- Collections – Columns indicating in what collections each Product is in
- Inventory / Variants – All Variant information and basic inventory columns
- Variant Cost – “Variant Cost” field
- Customs Information – HS Code and Country Of Origin fields
- Multi-Location Inventory Levels – Stock quantity columns for each location the items are stocked in
- Images – fields listing Image URLs, Alt texts, Image positions, and Image dimensions
- Metafields – product level Metafields
- Variant Metafields – variant level Metafields
Each of these checkboxes allows for exporting different groups of fields.
B. Apply Product filters if needed
You can also apply one of the many filters that we offer so you can export only the products that you need to.
You can see all the filters listed in our “Export Filters” documentation page.
C. Select format
Once you have selected what you wish to export, then you can scroll down to the Options and Format sections.
Select Format you will need to export your items to. To be able to import this file back into the Excelify you can select “Excelfy: CSV” or “Excelify: Excel” formats.
D. Apply options
In the “Options” section you can apply various additional settings for your export job:
- Custom file name – gives the ability to assign specific file name for your export which means that newest file with that name exported will be under the same URL.
- Schedule on – allows specifying when the uploaded file should be imported if you wish to import it at a specific time.
- Repeat every – allow to repeat import automatically. if importing from URL the app will download new file each time the import starts.
- Zip CSV files – If exporting to CSV format select if the files should be compressed into ZIP file
- Upload to – lets you specify FTP/SFTP to which the app should upload the file
3. Export your file and track progress
Once you have done setting it up, you can click the “Export” button to start the export.
The app will direct you to your new exports page where you will be able to track the progress of the export, see all applied filters and options, and all other relevant details about the export.
You are free to leave this page and the app. At any time you can find this export job in your “All Jobs” list in the app to see its progress and download file if it is finished.
Where to go from here?
- Install the Excelify app.
- Look into our “How it works” page to understand other details and things you can do with the app.
- You can also export Orders, Customers, Collections and other items using the Excelify.
- Contact our support if you have any questions or issues.