- Fix: Import Products – remove surrounding spaces from Template Suffix values.
- Import: Orders from Magento v1.11 with older table structure.
- Import: Smart Collections – warn in Import Comments if sorting products in Smart Collections times out (Shopify might still be sorting products in the background).
- Newest Shopify API version 2020-01 (requires approving additional API permissions).
- Import: Collections – if the related “Product: Handle” will not exist in the store, then it will not fail, but will just give the warning in the Import Comment.
- Fix: Import – Products: properly delete and re-create variants when importing with “Variant Command” as “REPLACE”.
- UI: Show special window if opening tabs of several shops in the same browser, which mixes up Shopify Admin sessions.
- UI: Made Excelify work with some older versions of Edge, Opera and Firefox browsers (let us know if something doesn’t work).
- Fix: Export – if cannot determine the count of a specific entity from Shopify, then just tell that could not get the count, instead of retrying 50 times.
- Fix: Export: Sometimes there were no columns selected when selecting column groups.
- Import: Customers – when using Command “REPLACE”, sometimes existing customer was not found when it actually existed when it was recently created.
- Export: ITG format – do not assume filters, but allow customers to apply their own filters.
- Fix: Import – Products: Solved the error when updating inventory quantity which said “Write requests to inventory_quantity and inventory_quantity_adjustment are no longer supported. Please use the Inventory Levels API.”.
- Export: Added option [Export items sorted in the order as they come from Shopify] – by not generating export rows in parallel.
- Fix: Scheduled/repeated job scheduling across daylight savings.
- Fix: Import WordPress – set the Published At date if Post or Page has status which includes the word “publish”, as it varies by WordPress version.
- Fix: Export: Products – include the columns if only Variant Cost or Variant Customs columns selected with no other Variant columns.
- Import: Magento Products – extract the “short_description” field to “Metafield: magento.short_description” column.
- Import: WordPress Posts and Pages: convert also links to images – to point to new Shopify uploaded image.
- Import: Magento – recognize the Magento Products exported file more precisely – don’t require the [msrp_display_actual_price_type] field because Magento versions don’t have it.
- Fix: Import Orders and Draft Orders – was failing that cannot find the Customer when importing with [Ignore ID] option, and it had [Customer: ID] provided.
- Import: Products from Lightspeed POS platform.
- UI: Export – Products: columns for [Inventory Available: …] and [Inventory Available Adjust: …] – as a group of all locations, instead of each location column separately.
- Import: Products – skip the variant data if the first variant row is empty.
- Export: Products – Filter by SKU starts with.
- Fix: Import was failing if there were any empty sheets without data.
- Fix: App UI – crash if uploading the file before the job list was loaded.
- Fix: Export Products: “Variant Inventory Qty” was empty if choosing that field to be exported without “Variant Inventory Tracker” field.
- Import: Products from Banggood – keep the images in Body HTML by default. If you need to remove images from Body HTML, set the Import Option: [Remove images from Body HTML].
- Fix: Import: from URL with space in it – both escaped or non-escaped should work now.
- Export: Google Shopping – take the Metafield values also from Variant Metafields, if they exist.
- Import: Orders – fail if [Refund: ID] is not a number.
- Import – ability to read from CSV files larger than 2 GB, zipped.
- Fix: Export to Amazon, eBay and Google Shopping – include data from Metafields.
- Settings: Configure job notification e-mails more precisely – Started, Queued, Cancelled, Failed, Finished.
- Fix: Export: Don’t allow %D in the custom file name, because it generated date as d/m/y.
- Export: customize which columns to export, and change columns positions (in Advanced tab).
- Fix: Import from URL with date placeholders was saving the interpolated URL instead of dynamic.
- Fix: Import from Google Sheets wasn’t downloading.
- Fix: Export to FTP/SFTP couldn’t be created if the password contained % symbol.
- Fix: Import – Products: ignore inventory quantity for empty inventory location, got rid of “Location [Adjust] not found” error.
- Export: Activity – Path as a full URL to the item.
- Import: Products – when deleting all variants of a Product, assume the default variant with the data from the last variant and no options.
- Fix: Don’t start another repeated job if the previous is not yet finished.
- Scheduling: Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly jobs will start at the same local hour:minute regardless of daylight savings.
- Safari browser now should work as well. Please, contact Excelify Support if you experience any issues with Safari or any other browser.
- FTP: Allow connecting to FTP servers using SSL/TLS encryption even if the server certificate is not configured correctly.
- Fix: Import – Products: [Failed. Inventory Policy: is not included in the list] if Variant Inventory Policy is empty.
- Fix: SFTP server “permission denied” and “bad message” errors fixed.
- Import: continuously import all files from an FTP/SFTP directory as a Batch import job.
- Import: when importing from FTP/SFTP server – specify an option to either delete the file when it’s being imported; or move imported files to folders by job status: In Progress, Finished, Failed, Cancelled.
- Import: option to upload Import Results file to an FTP/SFTP server directory.
- Import & Export: Import Results file name and default export file name now has seconds to not overwrite files if two imports finish in the same minute.
- Import & Export: Validating FTP/SFTP URLs before creating the job.
- Import & Export: allow to set an option to repeat jobs every minute.
- UI: latest jobs sorting – don’t show on top the canceled scheduled jobs which are in the future, but put them in chronological order when they were created.
- Fix: Import Products – remove accidental spaces from Variant Inventory Tracker, Variant Inventory Policy, Variant Fulfillment Service – to avoid unexpected error message from Shopify because of that
- Fix: Import: Products – “Key: must be unique within this namespace on this resource” when adding Metafields and simultaneously changing Tags and Options.
- Export: Orders using the Shopify API cursor to make them export safer and faster.
- Import: Magento Products – don’t allow to generate more than 1000 variants from option combinations, because Shopify anyway allows 100 variants.
- Export: Google Shopping Feed – added the ability to export feed file as a regular CSV file instead of tab-separated .txt – for certain shops. If you need it too, please, let us know via Excelify Support.
- Import: Banggood Products – convert Tag, Type and “Custom Collections” comma to ” &” to not confuse categories that have a comma in their name.
- Import: read CSV files with unescaped ” – work around error: “Any value after quoted field isn’t allowed in line x”.
- Import: Banggood Products – trim ” from both ends for Title.
- Import Product images – don’t re-encode the image URL if it has encoded comma %2C character – because some web servers need an encoded comma.
- UI: removed HotJar Poll.
- Export: Allow only legit characters for the custom filename.
- Fix: Import – Magento Products – take custom options only from an empty option store, to avoid combining options from all languages.
- UI: HotJar Poll about Excelify.
- Make the Excelify App work on Chrome 80.
- Import: Order – “Line: Type” column validation, to allow only recognized values.
- Fix: Export – Blog Posts: Do not create multiple rows per Blog Post with comments if comments are not exported.
- Import: LightSpeed Orders – assume Tax Rate 0% if VAT is 0.
- Import: Orders – if cannot find Line Items for Fulfillments by any of unique attribute values, then assume by Fulfillable Quantity.
- Import: Orders – show exactly which Line Item product has no price.
- Import: Orders – read Discount Line amount also from “Line: Discount” column, if “Line: Total” empty.
- Fix: Export & Import – falling back to zipped CSV if cannot save the file to Excel.
- Settings: show Approved Documents status with timestamp signature.
- Import: Body HTML – remove specific invalid UTF-8 characters when importing, like “Â”.
- Fix: Orders Import – require the Line Item price only for new Orders and new Draft Orders.
- Import: Draft Orders – allow to import percentage discount without specifying the discount price amount, but just percentage.
- Fix: Import Products – error “Cannot find the variant by title […] to attach the image”.
- Export: Orders – new column “Checkout ID”.
- Import: Magento: Generating variants from custom options with radio custom option type.
- Fix: Import – Discounts with multiple Codes – retry if failing to create a Discount Code.
- Import: Product Images – when importing images split by ; without specified position – make sure the existing images stay where they are, but added images add added to the end. As a result – also improved overall matching of images by URL/file name, and attaching them to variants.
- Import Products from Magento: take the variant price from _custom_option_row_price column if generating variants from options and price is 0.
- Privacy: in the spirit of GDPR and CCPA – removed all the individual user tracking. Kept only aggregate tracking on Google Analytics and individual app actions log for security reasons.
- Fix: Import Product Images – NoMethodError – undefined method key? for nil:NilClass.
- Export: always include SEO Metafields [Metafield: title_tag] and [Metafield: description_tag] when exporting Metafields for Products, Collections, Pages, Blog Posts.
- Import Products: generate variants from Options separated by ; only when column “Variant Generate From Options” is set to TRUE.
- Import Products: Optimized speed when importing images with Alt Text.
- Import: Allow special symbols like @®©℗™ªº in Handle, when not transliterating Handles.
- Fix: Import Customers – set new tags and other attributes when replacing addresses.
- Import: optimized speed when importing Custom Collections column from Products sheet – not trying to add when product is already in that collection.
- Import: if there are any Failed items, show a summary of why they fail.
- Import: Products by SKU – smart preload to faster index products by SKU.
- Fix: When saving Excel file which has more than 1 million rows – fallback to zipped CSV file with correct file extension.
- UI: Job view – show estimated finish date & time as hover for the estimate time while the job is running.
- Fix: Import Product Images – set image Alt Text when importing existing image with Image Command REPLACE.
- Import: Products – recognize options also from columns like “Option 1 Name” – with extra spaces in column name.
- Fix: Import: WordPress Posts & Pages: when having empty Title or Handle – set them to ID value.
- Fix: Import Metafields – delete or update Metafield even if namespace or key is surrounded by a space in Shopify database.
- Import Orders from Magento: auto-detect CSV file delimiters for your exported file from database. Recognize: , ; | tab.
- Import: removed “Preload existing items from Shopify” Option because people were accidentally messing their data by unchecking this box. And the speed gain is not so significant to risk it. Will monitor how many people really need it.
- Run your previous job again by pressing button “Export Again” or “Import Again”.
- Fix: Import Products – if you change just Option2, then require to include also Option1.
- Image import: Recognize and return an error when Image Alt Text is too long and rejected by Shopify.
- Fix: Downloading 9GB Import Results file should no longer timeout in any case.
- Import: Orders and Draft Orders – strip HTML from Line Item “Title”.
- Import: detect sheet if file name has several extensions, e.g. “Import.2019-discounts.csv.zip” will get assumed as “Discounts”.
- UI: For each job show its “API Call Limit”, “Threads” count, and whether the job was ran in “Private App” mode.
- Import: not pre-loading whole store items before starting an import (except for Draft Orders) – so that store items don’t get overwritten by the app if changed from Admin while the import is running.
- Import Orders: Allow fulfilling line items by filling “Fulfillment: …” columns in “Line Item” rows.
- Import Orders: Take “Fulfillment: Shipment Status” date from “Fulfillment: Processed At” – import only.
- Import and Export Orders: Split “Fulfillment: Tracking Number” and “Fulfillment: Tracking URL” semicolon-separated into several tracking numbers or URLs.
- Settings: Allow setting up the private app in Settings -> Private App section.
- General: Display subscription expiry date and display warning if it’s less than 24 hours from now.
- Import Options: change “Check if items already exist” to more dramatic checkbox “Preload …”.
- Export and Import: show correct column colors for Excel file even when column names are in lowercase.
- E-mail: Subject for queued jobs changed from “Export Postponed on …” to “Export Queued on …”.
- Import: Orders allow up to 100 different Taxes with columns: “Line: Tax X Title”, “Line: Tax X Rate”, “Line: Tax X Price”.
- Import: Improved error message if importing an unknown file format.
- UI Fix: show months for the export filter date picker.
- Import: Magento: collecting variant images also from media_image column.
- Retry the GraphQL request if Shopify API has SSL errors.
- Import: Discounts – show a full error from Shopify if discount code already exists.
- UI: Show long filenames so that they fit on the screen.
- Export: added filters for Discounts Title: “contains none of”, “matches pattern”.
- Save the file to CSV format if failed saving to Excel file.
- Import: Banggood – recognize more options.
- Fix: Import – detect delimiters in CSV files that have \r line endings.
- Fix: Export – “Processed At” filter for Orders to filter also by the time when using Relative Date filter.
- Export “Tags Command” for Blog Posts. Unify colors for all “Tags Command” columns for exports in all sheets.
- FTP: Retry uploading files to FTP if failed.
- Import: Banggood: Improved option parsing and price correction calculations.
- UI: Mobile improvements for Counts and Totals
- Import: execute different Tags Command by rows for Products, Customers, Draft Orders, Orders, Blog Posts.
- Import Products: faster updating of Products.
- Fix: Import Products: allow combining DELETE and REPLACE in Image Command.
- When importing from external formats like WordPress, Magento, Banggood – recognize also file names in a singular form.
- Magento: taking images from “gallery” and “media_gallery” columns to Product images and variant images.
- Import Products from Banggood: allow to set in import Options – to remove images from Body HTML, or to keep images in Body HTML.
- Improved export estimates.
- Added Security Settings: to allow or deny to download Excelify files by external services.
- Fix: UI – should be able to accept GDPR popup when viewing from small screens or mobile.
- Retry connecting to the FTP server 10 times, before giving up. Show error message which comes from the FTP server.
- Fix: Import from WordPress: don’t fail the whole job if cannot download one image with an unhandled error. Show that error in Import Comments.
- Fix: Make importing Products with Tags and Options simultaneous changes fast again.
- Import: Magento Products – include “material” column as a Metafield.
- Fix: Export Filters – reset filter value when switching between filter fields.
- Fix: Export Filters – status filter crashed UI.
- Fix: Export Filters – properly specifying max dates for daylight savings winter time.
- UI: Polaris version upgrade to 4.7.2.
- Fix: Don’t send an email twice when a job can’t connect to the Shopify.
- FTP – try connecting to FTP using SSL/TLS.
- Fix: FTP – catch all connection issues, and retry without SSL if SSL is broken.
- Import: Banggood – improved options conversion to variants.
- Import: LightSpeed Products – decompose options with quotes in it.
- Fix: Import from Products with Google Shopping fields and “Metafield: description_tag” – was a duplicate key error.
- Import: LightSpeed – detect CSV delimiter, sort the whole file before converting, remove the country prefix from column names.
- Import: Tell that “Title cannot be blank for Products import” – to hint that this is Products sheet, in case you didn’t specify the correct sheet name.
- Fix: Import – Orders with Refunds with processed_at date that have no transactions.
- Export: Google Shopping – use SKU value for ID only if SKU has any value. If SKU is empty – generate the full Google Shopping ID from Product ID and Variant ID.
- Import: Magento Orders – if “Customer: Last Name” is empty, then put the First Name in the Last Name field, because the Last Name is a required field in Shopify.
- Mobile: make the job list look better when using Excelify from the mobile phone.
- Import: allow updating Discounts by ID, without specifying the Discount Title.
- Import – rescue from job crashes if filename is not encoded as valid UTF-8 characters.
- Fix: Export to UPS WorldShip – AccessPointID to the correct element.
- UI: Long item counts for export or import – not to overlap; better visibility on mobile.
- Import: “Tag” and “Tag Command” column aliases for “Tags” and “Tags Command” columns.
- Fix: Import Blog Posts – convert Blog Handles to Handles before creating them, to avoid blog duplicates.
- Settings: Improve linked shop message for changing once per month.
- UI: Stop reloading jobs list when the shop is uninstalled, but the app stayed open in another browser.
- Fix: Import Smart Collections with product positions, make sure to always wait until those positions are updated in Shopify.
- Send e-mail even when job failed with an unexpected error.
- Fix: Import from WordPress: make it more stable on images that cannot be downloaded.
- Schedule the next job even if unable to connect to Shopify, as this might be a temporary issue.
- Import from Magento: if Variant has 0 Price – take it from Parent product.
- Shopify reconnection improvements, so that the job doesn’t get stuck.
- Import: Validating image and variant position.
- Export: Auto-select “Order Line Items” checkbox if “Line Item Data” checkbox selected – so that there are Line Items in the exported Orders.
- Import: Orders – Transaction as gift_card gateway changed to manual.
- Export: Filters sorting improved.
- Fix: Import – Discounts: “Applies To” with duplicate values failed.
- Export: Date filters – add some, and remove some which don’t exist actually.
- Import: Magento – put the quantity in Variant Metafield.
- Import: Magento: Adding “Magento” prefix to the generated Metafields.
- Export: Filters for dates – Created At, Updated At, Published At, Relative.
- Shopify API: upgrade to version 2019-10.
- Import: Magento – MSRP and other fields as Metafields.
- Fix: Import Orders/Draft Orders – allow escaped \: in “Additional Details” and “Line: Properties” columns.
- Fix: Export count when filtering by IDs.
- Fix: Import from WordPress – catch SSL error when downloading images.
- Export: Show count of exported items.
- Fix: Export – Order Filters with default statuses.
- Import: Recognize sheets like “blog-posts”.
- Fix: Import Blog Posts with Big or Enterprise Plan created duplicate Blogs.
- Export: Filters – combine different filters in the same export.
- Fix: Import – truncate generated Handle to 255 symbols because it is maxed in Shopify.
- Import: Failing job on variant loading error with a proper message.
- Fix: Import from WordPress: conversion comments were empty for failed images.
- Fix: Import from WordPress: invalid URI, validate old server URL, don’t download HTML as an image.
- Fixed crash during job canceling.
- Import: Improved performance of the multithreaded discount code import.
- Fix: Import from WordPress: don’t crash if redirection is not allowed.
- When you select to export Orders with “Line Items Product Data” – you will see the additional column “Line: Variant Cost” among other product data columns.
- Change which allows you to import all 250 images for each product, which is the Shopify maximum.
- In History, you can see for each job – how much time did it take to run it.
For the jobs which are still running, the time shows how long it was running so far.
- Made Shopify Export Faster.
- Now, when you run the “Dry Run” it will check more things about the file you import.
It will go with importing as far as possible, but not send any data to Shopify.
- When you export to eBay format, all the product variants will get included as “Variations” in the eBay template.
Read the full eBay export template specification to see all the exported fields.
- The following changes are made to Shopify Discounts:
- Import and Export the “Minimum Number Of Items” – to apply the discount code for certain minimum quantity of ordered items.
- Fixed the “Code: must be unique” issue when importing Discounts.
- When importing Discounts – it will not pre-load existing Discounts anymore, so the import of Discounts will be faster in most cases because you will not have to wait for it to pre-load existing ones.
- Now Excelify can understand better what you are importing from each sheet. Your sheet names can be lowercase.
- Whatever time you put in the date/time columns – the Excelify app should now recognize the correct time format.
- Export and import Shopify Draft Orders.
- Now the Amazon Inventory Flat File export contains the column “department_name” where the Department is exported – so that you can prepare it in Shopify and import it to Amazon.
- Now you have an option to NOT compress those CSV files into Zip file but export them as plan CSV/TXT files.
- When you request from Shopify Admin to remove the Customer data, then the app will receive this request from Shopify and will remove all the exported, uploaded and imported files which were related to Customers or Orders. When you delete the app, then all your files are deleted from the app history.
- Now you can filter the export of Shopify Customers by the Tags and by Date Updated (in addition to the previously existing filter by Date Created).
- When exporting Shopify Orders, now you can use additional filters to filter by the order “Status”, “Payment Status” or “Fulfillment Status”.
- When you export the Custom Collections with Linked Products – now you will always have also the “Product: Handle” column filled in with the Handle of the Product.
When importing, the app will try to attach products by both columns – “Product: ID” and “Product: Handle”.
- Now you can create and update Order Fulfillments so that you can set a specific shipment status for your Orders in the import table, too.
- Now you can set the relative time filter as “Last x minutes / hours / days / months” for the time when the Order was created.
- There are the following new columns that you can import for Orders:
- Send Receipt
- Fulfillment: Send Receipt
- Inventory Behaviour
- You can have one line of “Line: Type” with value “Fulfillment Line” for the whole Order to be fulfilled.
- You can now apply the filter of the Published Status – as published or unpublished.
- You can now update some of the fields for your existing Shopify Orders without having to re-create (replace) them using “UPDATE” in the “Command” column.
- You can bulk import and export the Shopify Redirects (also known as 301 URL Redirects).
- You can filter Collections by IDs, Handles or Titles. To filter by several Collections, split them with a comma.
- The filters will reset after each export, so that you don’t have to clear them out each time.
- When running the export, the exported file will contain the “Export Summary” sheet with the summary data about the export – what was exported, and what filters were used
- We have implemented the GDPR regulation requirements.
- Now there is a column “Variant Weight” where you can set any value in the units as you specify in the “Variant Weight Unit“.
- Now there is a “Variant Tax Code” column for Shopify Products export and import.
Specifies the Avalara tax code for the product variant. Will export and import only for stores that have the Avalara AvaTax app installed on your Shopify Plus.
- When exporting Product Images or Collections, you will see new columns “Image Width” and “Image Height” in pixels for each of the images. Those columns are only exported.
- If you want to export only products that don’t match any of the listed SKUs, by using SKU filter condition “not equal to any of”.
- You can improve the speed by checking the “Ignore ID” box and that will tell the app not to try to use those IDs if migrating from another store.
- If you have a store that is so large that the data don’t fit into an Excel file, now you can choose to Export into the “Excelify: CSV” format.
- Now when you export Product Images from Shopify, the Image Alt Text column will be there always and the export and import of product image alt texts works super fast now.
- You can filter Products by Vendor in finer detail:
- Vendor equals any of several vendors, split by comma
- Vendor not equal to any of several vendors, split by comma
- When clicking the “History & Schedule” button, you can see the whole history of your imports and exports, their statuses.
You can also download all your historically imported and exported files and you can cancel the scheduled jobs from there, too.
- There is a new column “Image Alt Text” in Smart Collections and Custom Collections sheets now to export Image Alt Text for your Collections.
- When exporting Products, the export contains the URL column, which takes to the Product page.
- Now you can bulk update, delete, and do all the other things to Products by just knowing its SKU number. No need for ID or Handle by using the column “Variant SKU”.
- You can import Orders to Shopify in bulk now with all the details.
- When exporting from Shopify, you can filter Products by Price
- You can remove images (<img> tags) from your Body HTML description by selecting a checkbox option “Remove images from Body HTML” when importing.
Here is the tutorial: How to remove images from Shopify Body HTML descriptions?
- Fixed import errors like:
- Field [metafields.key]: must be unique within this namespace on this resource – was happening because importing Metafield update, giving Metafield name in different small-BIG letters than already exists.
- product_id prefix_option is missing – was happening when retrying to import product because Shopify didn’t download some images
- When exporting Customers, you can filter by Customer registration date interval.
- You can filter Shopify Products by many titles – put them in filter split by , (comma), and it will export only products that contain any of those titles.
- Added Shopify Pages export and import with Excel.
- In order to prevent further damage of Product images, when importing non-existing images, app will stop as soon as at least one product image will not be possible to download.
- You can force the import to not check if such items already exist – this will speed up the import even more.
- You can export your Shopify Products to Google Shopping Data Feed file.
- You can filter export of Products by Handle, Title, Vendor, Type, and Tags, and you can filter Orders export by date.
- Now you can choose more finer details what data to export for each item, so that you don’t have to delete unneeded columns and rows when updating data.
- If Shopify will not be able to import all Product images, app will issue warning about that in Import Results file “Import Comment” column.
- Product variant reordering can now be done by changing the “Variant Position” number and importing that column in as update.
- When exporting, all the base rows like Title, Vendor, Tags, etc. are filled also for duplicated rows, so that you can filter and group them easier in Excel.
- Metafields Import
- Speed: Metafields import speed doesn’t depend on Metafield count anymore. Even for 100 Metafields per item, it will import as quickly as with no Metafields.
- Delete: You can delete Metafields for items just by clearing values in that Metafield column, and importing.
- Set type: Metafield can have “string” or “integer” type, which is now auto-detected from Excel cell type, and set correctly when you do the import.
- Import speed dramatically improved
- To import or update several images for a product, put them all in the same row of “Image Src” column, separated by ; (semicolon). Read tutorial: How to import several product images from one row?
- Order Export is now in Beta testing – export unlimited Order data to create custom sales reports, check fulfillment, and generate additional business intelligence data for your store.Read more in: Shopify Orders Export
- Excelify Launched
- The Big Bang